LEMONS ARE POISED TO STEP INTO THE SPOTLIGHT. LEMONS ORIGINATED IN SOUTHEAST ASIA AND ENTERED EUROPE VIA SOUTHERN ITALY DURING THE TIME OF ANCIENT ROME. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS INTRODUCED LEMONS TO THE WEST WHEN HE BROUGHT THEM TO HISPANIOLA (MODERN HAITI) IN 1493.
And we are grateful he did: Lemons add a refreshing tartness and, due to their six percent citric acid content, have many health benefits.
The health benefits of lemons are due to its high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous, proteins, and carbohydrates. Lemons also contain flavonoids, which is responsible for its antioxidant and cancer fighting properties.
Some Benefits of Lemons:
- Strong antibacterial
- Strong antiviral
- Immune-boosting powers
- Aid in digestion
- High in vitamin C
- Helps remove intestinal worms
- Helps detoxify the liver– Lemons help stimulate the liver.
- Helps restore the body’s pH– The acid and alkaline properties of lemons help restore and balance the body’s pH levels.
- Helps fight a cold, flu or fever– The high amount of vitamin C aids in increasing the body’s immune system and defend itself from sicknesses.
- Helps control high blood pressure– The high amount of potassium in lemons benefits the heart and helps control high blood pressure.
- Good for weight loss– Lemons increase fat metabolism and increase the function of glutathione.
- Cleans your teeth– Applying the inside of a lemon peel to your teeth will help clean your teeth and kill bad bacteria in your mouth. (Be careful not to use it for too long as the acidic acid can destroy your enamel).
- Reduces toothaches– Applying a small amount of lemon juice to the aching area can help reduce the pain.
- Treats acne– The antibacterial properties of lemons makes it a good natural remedy for acne and blackheads.
- Lemons are extremely beneficial for your entire body, as they contain numerous healthy substances, and provide useful effects in the case of many health conditions and issues.
Namely, this miraculous fruit is extremely successful against inward parasites and worms, it regulates the blood pressure, and has an anti-microbe impact against bacterial contamination and parasites.
Moreover, an entire lemon can help your body discharge toxins and it has an anti-carcinogenic effects. Also, lemons are excellent anti-depressants and are great in the battle against anxiety and apprehensive issues.
Hence, experts suggest that you mustn’t throw away any part of the fruit: as its juice, seeds and peel are all very useful! Actually, the lemon bark has 5 to 10 times more vitamins than its juice.
Furthermore, another experimental study has shown that limonoids in lemons and in all citrus organic products in general, can prevent and unequivocally stop the growth of cancer cells, particularly in the case of breast tumor!
However, apart from these extremely important health benefits, you should enjoy the entire lemon fruit for its flavor as well, as follows:
Take one non-sprayed lemon (if you don’t have your own homegrown lemons, buy organic lemons from bigger markets or healthy food stores), wash it well and put it in the freezer (you can freeze a slice or the whole lemon).
Afterwards, when it is frozen, take it out and grind it. The lemon done in this way will acquire a new flavor, and it will be delicious for consumption, and extremely healthy for your body at the same time!