Frown lines or forehead lines are no more just seen in aging people. You can see this even in teenagers. And cause for these forehead wrinkles include smoking, heredity, skin type and due to sun exposure. Sometimes even your diet may affect this. Whatever the reason is frown lines makes you look upset even when you’re not. It may seem to your friends/colleagues that you’re in serious problem even if you’re not in any problem.
There are many problems that can arise due to early forehead lines. You may get rejected when you propose anyone. You can be treated as elderly person in your group. There are infinite things which can listed.
Also read: Why is My Skin So Itchy?
But sadly there is no effective treatment through which you can scrape forehead lines. (You can go for surgery but that gonna cost you much from your pocket, as medical insurance can’t cover this because this considered cosmetic rather than medical). Well don’t worry you can reduce frown lines to some extent.
If you want to get a smooth glabella (space between the eyebrows) or get rid of forehead lines this article will inform you all those options you can go with.
Ways to get rid of Forehead lines
Treating Frown lines with Botox
Botox is nonsurgical cosmetic procedure performed in United States. In the year 2007 about 2.8 million Botox procedures were carried out. (source)
Botox involves injection. When injected to targeted muscles Botox reduces the frown lines in three to seven days to see results. And it’s not permanent, it lasts for 3 – 4 months. Anyway there are some minimal side-effects like drooping eyelids, headaches. There are few cases where Botox’s side effects include hard breathing, difficulty in swallowing and weak muscles.
If in case injection and side effects freaking you, then you out. Try with other way listed below to remove fine lines.
Consider reading this too: Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
Try Wrinkle fillers (Injection)
Unlike Botox Wrinkles fillers last for about 6 months and have almost minimal side effects. You must visit dermatologist’s office for this and remember this doesn’t last long. These fillers include collagen, hyaluronic acid gel, calcium hydroxylapatite and Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA).
If you’re not likely to visit a dermatologist every time then you can go with other options.
This is permanent solution. Yes, it involves your pocket more than you expect. But it’s forever. Surgery involves positioning eyebrows or removing muscles or reduce frown lines. It involves side effects like facial numbness, swelling and bruising.
Scraping those fine lines doesn’t involve easy way. Anyway there are few natural home remedies with which you can reduce these lines to some extent.
Tips to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles Easily at Home
- Are you confident that you’re leading a vigorous lifestyle? Are you caring yourself? Are you taking healthy diet? Are you sleeping on time? If your answers are not positive then you must checkout your diet and sleeping habits. Take vitamin rich food, drink at-least 2 liters of water everyday, sleep on time, workout regularly.
- Massage the targeted area (forehead, glabella) with olive oil regularly. Olive oil with coconut oil is an excellent way to hydrate skin.
- Massage with citrus fruits like orange, lemon and other citrus fruits. These are rich in vitamin E and C which can make skin healthy. Also you can try Aloe Vera and Egg white gel massage.
- Try face masks. In case you don’t know how to do read on here.
- Flaxseed oil is an effective way to get rid of frown lines.
Do you know any other way to get rid of forehead wrinkles/lines? Share here in comments.